I didn't go to the gym yesterday. I had myself convinced that I didn't have enough time. I was going to go before work, but as always, getting up early for the gym did not work. Now looking back, I realize I could have gone after dinner. I tend to go to the gym right from work but was getting out later than normal. I felt like something was missing from my day. I've only been back consistently for about a week!
Anyways, I put that behind me and jumped back in today. After a tough day at work, I could feel the stress melt away as I worked up a good sweat on the treadmill. By the time I was done, I had walked at 3.5 miles/hr for 45 minutes and completed all my upper body lifting. I felt great and came home in such a better mood than I would have (thankfully for my bf).
I know myself. If I had not gone to the gym, I would have come home stressed and cranky, had a snack (probably not healthy), and crawled into bed for a nap. Then I would regret it for the rest of the night. None of that happened because I made a point of reminding myself how I feel after the gym. I also met up with my sister, and if I'm going to help motivate her, I need to keep motivated myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment