Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend!

This weekend wasn't too bad. In fact, as weekends go, I think I did pretty well. I didn't exceed my calorie goals; I didn't sit around eating all day; and despite the heat, I tried to remain active and made it to the gym both days.

My weekends tend to fall apart starting on Friday night. Every Friday night, my family goes out to dinner. It is our time to catch up on the week and make sure to see each other regularly. This is usually the start of the problems because I am not so great at choosing healthy items off the menu. This Friday, I changed that. Once we decided where we were going to dinner, I went online to the restaurant's website to look up their nutrition information. I found something that looked tasty, didn't have ridiculous amounts of calories, and was even within my remaining calorie goal. I didn't really like what I ordered, but I was proud of the effort I put in to make a smart choice. That was Friday night.

Saturday was another good day. My sister and I had planned to meet at the gym, and every Saturday, my bf and I clean the house. So, I got up early, helped the bf clean the house, and was ready for the gym by 10:00 (our designated gym time). After texting and not hearing back, I went to the gym by myself at 11:00. Now this is big because usually, I would have sat around waiting for her to get back to me and probably snacked while I waited. In the spirit of motivation, I upped my treadmill time from 30 minutes to 45 minutes. And guess what! The extra 15 minutes wasn't bad and I did my lifting as well (arms today). After that, I kept within my calorie goal and felt really good going to sleep that night.

Then came Sunday...being pre-TOM, my back was acting up as usual. Again, this usually would have been a no gym excuse, but I got up, had my breakfast (healthy and delicious, of course! More about that later), and headed to the gym shortly after that. I again did my 45 minutes on the treadmill and my lifting (leg day). I continued to keep within my calorie goal and didn't even eat back my cardio calories.

What a great weekend! It pushes me to continue with a good week this week too! So, I've had my breakfast and will be heading to the gym shortly (sister or not!). Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Kristin!!! Keep it up! Although the summer may be hard for some reasons, it also offers up more opportunities to get outside and get moving!! (Although today may not be the best day for that!!) I hope that you had a good workout at the gym. I always feel so much better afterwards; that's a great motivator in itself!! Hang in there and don't forget to be good to yourself!
    D.

    ReplyDelete