Monday, July 22, 2013

No Excuses!

It has been a couple of weeks since I have written. This has partly been because I have had a lot going on, but it is also because I was having a hard time keeping up my motivation. I haven't gone to the gym in over a week, I haven't been logging my food, and I have been sitting around or sleeping way too much!

As usual, one small set back got me off my gym roll. I pulled a muscle in my foot and didn't go to the gym for 2 days. The 2 days turned into a week and a half. But, today, I did some yard work and mowed the lawn. It was the most active I had been in a while. It felt good! I plan to get back to the gym tomorrow. I have no excuse since I don't have to work until Wednesday night. I just have to do it and not plan to do it. I will set my alarm and go, no excuses!

As for  logging my food, I haven't been eating regular meals or easily log-able foods, so I haven't been logging. I have been munching throughout the day, but not eating regularly and not full servings of anything. I have certainly noticed a difference in how I feel. I feel bloated and kind of sluggish. So, we went grocery shopping yesterday and stocked up on fresh vegetables and healthy snacks.

My sleep schedule has also been wacky. I work retail in the summer, so my schedule is all over the place. The store I work in is open until 10:00 most nights and sometimes 11:00! That means we don't leave until 11:00 or 12:00. I am not a night person, so even a 10:00 close is not easy for me. Then, I get home and am all wound up. I don't go to bed until midnight, so that makes it harder to get up and get going in the morning. Then, I feel like I am constantly playing catch up and eventually give in to take a nap.

I know these are all excuses. This is probably my biggest barrier in this journey. So, I am taking a pledge (again) to quit making excuses and get back into the routine I started the summer with. Today is my re-start. Right now I am making better choices. I'm not putting it off until tomorrow because there is always a new tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment