First, I had gained a couple pounds earlier in the week after having pizza for dinner. Now, I hadn't had pizza in a while, and I probably had a piece or two too many. I had a salad first, but the pizza tasted so good! I really wasn't surprised that the pizza immediately effected my weight, but I was happy to find that it was easy to work off one not so great meal.
Second, I have had 2 days in a row that I have been over my calorie goal. Friday I went to the gym, but I didn't eat that great. I felt hungry most of the day and found that I was constantly visiting the kitchen. Yesterday, I didn't have time for the gym, and I went to a family picnic. At the picnic, I did really well! I didn't eat a ton (portion control), and I carefully chose healthier options. I didn't touch the pie, cookies, or chips! I didn't want them :-). This was a new feeling for me. Salty, sweet is my weakness.
So, despite all this, I still lost another pound! This brought me down below another 10 milestone (not ready to share which one this was). If this continues, I might just reach my summer goal. I would like to lose a total of 10 lbs. over the two months I have off. If I can do this (and I'm pretty sure I can), then I just might be able to keep this motivation up once I head back to working full time!
I definitely owe a great amount of thanks to my MFP friends. You all have been a great motivating factor, and even though we just "met", I am so glad we are on this journey together!
On another note, I have to share what has been my go to breakfast of late. I have been searching for a quick, healthy, and filling breakfast with no avail. I always have my coffee, but it was hard finding something to eat. Frozen breakfast sandwiches are too expensive and not that great. Cereal is boring and in the winter, too cold. So, I started poking around for easy recipes. This is what I found!
Egg Cups Recipe
| Mushroom and Spinach Egg Cups |
- Cut up vegetables you like
- Add a small amount of vegetables to each muffin cup
- Crack eggs into muffin cup
- Small muffin cups - 1 egg
- Large muffin cups - 2 eggs
- Stir with fork to break up yokes
- Back at 350° for 20-25 minutes (time is probably shorter for the small muffin cups)
Store these in containers for easy reheat on the morning you want them. For reheating, microwave for 1 minute adding cheese if you want. Depending on the vegetables you put in, the egg cups with cheese are 250-300 calories.
These egg cups are great! First, they are super easy to make. I am not all that adept in the kitchen, but I can make these with no problems. Second, you can switch them up by changing the vegetables in the them or the cheese you use (if any). My favorite at the moment is mushroom and spinach with cheddar cheese. Third, I make them once a week and have breakfast for the rest of the week. I can even bring one to work if I don't want to eat it bright and early when I first wake up. Finally, they are nutritious. They are a great source of protein, the calorie content is reasonable for a meal, and they are filling. Sounds like a win to me!

No comments:
Post a Comment