For example, yesterday, I went to the movies and had movie theater popcorn instead of lunch, then I sat around on the couch most of the afternoon. Around 3:00, I fell asleep and ended up taking a 2 hour nap. I then proceeded to have Chinese for dinner. I ran a few errands, then watched a movie and fell asleep on the couch. I woke up and went to bed to just end up on the couch a few hours later since I couldn't sleep. I felt like crap and had absolutely no energy to do anything.
Now let's compare this to a normal Monday for me. I eat a healthy breakfast and lunch. I have a full day of teaching, usually stay for an hour or two to get work done. Then, I come home, cook a decent dinner, clean up from dinner, and do the dishes. Finally, around 7:30, I go for my run. Following my run, I take my shower and maybe watch an hour of TV. I sleep soundly and wake up on Tuesday rested and ready for the day ahead.The beginning of the week always starts out great but by Thursday, I am sick of cooking and making good choices so I fall apart on the weekends. Then, I feel crappy and lazy which motivates me to start the week better again. This rollercoaster makes it difficult to lose weight, but most days, my energy levels are up. I can only imagine what I could do if I didn't have the end of the week drop.
My goal for the next week is to not fall into my usual end of the week drop and see what that brings for the weekend. I just have to keep reminding myself how great I feel when I eat right and exercise.
My goal for the next two months is to not let my weekday good choices fall to the side just because I am home for the summer. The summer has the potential to turn into every day is the weekend eating and exercise habits. Last summer, I ended up sick because I didn't eat right, and I over exercised. I don't want that to happen again. This summer, I am going to run a 5k from beginning to end and learn to make more consistent healthy food choices!

No comments:
Post a Comment