Sunday, June 7, 2015

Long time, no write

Wow, what a difference a year and a half makes. Last time I wrote, I had just gotten engaged. Well, that is probably the biggest change. A year after getting engaged, I called off the wedding. My happiness was in big trouble, and I needed to make a change. Despite deposits being paid and my dress having been bought, I knew in my heart that this was not the life I wanted. So, after great internal debate and conversations with the people that mean the most to me, I made my decision. I did not want to get married, and I did not want to continue my life with the person I was with. Now, I am back to focusing on me, my happiness, my family, my friends, my job.....my life!

As for my weightless progress, that has been a rollercoaster. I have lost weight, I have gained weight, I have lost inches, I have gained inches, and now, I think I have plateaued. I have started running again. I have gotten farther in the C25K program than ever before (week 5 day 1). I alternate running with riding my bike, and I would love to find a good and reasonably priced Zumba class. On days I don't run, I do some sort of strength training (fitness bands, kettle bells, or body weight). I feel a lot better since starting this routine. I have more energy and am more motivated to do things around the house.

I am also working to make better food choices. When I am home, I usually do fine. I fall apart when I don't go grocery shopping or if I'm out running errands during a meal time. I am trying to find small ways to give in to cravings to satisfy them without going overboard. I have significantly cut back on soda (usually only when we go out to eat), and I don't have any junk food in the house. That is a huge help. My biggest food hurdle lately is that when I drink water I get heartburn. I know I need to drink water and I enjoy it, but I do not enjoy the heartburn. If anyone knows any solutions to this problem, please let me know.

The other thing I have been doing for myself is that I have gotten more involved in my church. I used to just go on most Sundays and help the visual arts team once in a while. Now, I go every Sunday that I can. I am a deacon, so I serve communion and read during the service occasionally. I also am a decision making leader in the church. I started participating in a Monday night bible study. It has only met once, so I'm not 100% sure it is for me yet but I'm giving it a shot. 

Amazingly my moods have also leveled out (read with heavy sarcasm). I am less stressed at home which means I am also less stressed at work. I am very happy with my life right now. I think there are great things coming my way, and I am ready for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment