I have survived my first week of summer! I know it sounds strange, but summer is a really tough time for me. I have tried to keep myself very busy. I golfed twice (not well, but I had fun!). I ran 4 times, including the Color Vibe 5K. I also went out a couple nights to comedy shows. It feels great to be busy, and I have a lot more energy to do these things.Despite all of this activity and making good food choices (because I won't buy junk food for my house), it is hard to see the scale not moving. Actually, it is moving, but it moved up a couple pounds. Now, the logical side of me knows that there are many factors that probably contributed to this. I know that I am building muscle which weighs more than fat. I know that I am bloated since it is that time of the month. I know that time of day effects the scale. Even though I know all of these things, the emotional side of me gets very frustrated. When I get frustrated, two things can happen.....overdo the exercise (and risk injury or over exerting my muscles) or binge eating. This week, I over did the exercise. This makes it a little difficult to get back into exercising this week, but I will do it, in moderation.
So here is the plan to decrease this frustration. I am going to focus on how I feel and how my clothes fit. It is a fabulous feeling to put on any clothes in my closet and like how they fit. I am also going to try to limit weighing myself to once a month. This second part is going to be hard. I try to only weigh once a week and end up weighing myself more often. So, I will weigh myself on the 1st of the month only! I might have to actually put the scale away so it is inconvenient to weight myself. I may start taking progress pictures too (but not to share here, sorry!)
This week I head back to summer school. That means at least a few days a week will have a regular schedule and will make keeping busy easier. I also need to get back into cooking, but that is a never-ending battle. One day, I may enjoy spending time in the kitchen!
So proud of you for opening up! I'll jump on the first of the month bandwagon with you!
ReplyDelete