Saturday, August 1, 2015

August Weigh In

Today was disappointing. I completed my first month of not weighing myself weekly. For that, I am proud, but I am not pleased with my results. My weight went up and so did some of my measurements. On the positive side, some of my measurements did decrease. So, let's reflect on the past month.....

Exercise....
Yes, I did exercise, but there was no routine. I ran when I felt like it and the weather permitted (despite owning a treadmill). I golfed a bit. I mowed the lawn once a week. The problem with all this is nothing was regular. I wasn't getting a daily workout in.

On the plus side, I have started running in the morning, and I love it! I have more energy throughout the day, my mood is better, and I am more conscious of my food choices because I don't want to ruin my good workout. The key to success with this is getting to bed at a reasonable hour (not a problem for me), sleeping in my workout clothes (Thanks, Steph!), turning on the light immediately and putting on my sneakers before standing up from bed, and brushing my teeth before heading out. 5:30am is so peaceful!

Food....
Cookouts, school lunches, and a lack of motivation to cook are not a good combination. I know my eating was not at its best. I tried, but I did give in to a few cravings. I didn't log my food through MyFitnessPal. I ate pasta for a meal when I didn't feel like cooking. I got lazy about packing lunch and started eating the school lunches.

In the past week, I have started logging again. I even made sure to choose a healthy meal within my calorie allowance when my family went out to eat last night. I replaced my propane tanks for my grill to make cooking a little more enjoyable. I am also primarily shopping the outside at the grocery store since that is where the fresh food can be found.

Moving Forward....
Now for a revised plan for the next month. I will continue my morning exercise. I will not allow chores and fun to be counted as my exercise. My exercise is the planned workouts that I complete. If I know I will be golfing or mowing the lawn, I may cut back a little on the workout, but not cut it out completely.

I will continue logging my food. I will try to cook more often. Maybe I can learn to make freezer meals. I know that I will use my crockpot once fall gets here. I will try to choose my dinner using restaurant nutrition information before arriving at the restaurant. I think this will help me learn how to order healthier foods at restaurants without available nutrition information.

I also need to figure out a way to get myself back on track if I slip. It used to be my weekly weigh-ins. I don't know if I should go back to weighing weekly and measure monthly, or if there is a better plan. Definitely something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment