Wow, the school year is off to a whirlwind start. I have been super busy, but I didn't let that interrupt my running until last week. I am very impressed with how far I have come. I am now up to running for 25 minutes straight. Now, it is not every run that I am capable of accomplishing this, but more often than not, I do.
This past week has not been a successful running week. In fact, I haven't been out once! I could see a difference in my energy and mood, and I didn't like what I saw. With that being said, I am going for a run today. I still love how I feel when I run; it helps me mentally as well as physically.
I have been even worse about logging my food. My breakfasts and lunches have been pretty normal. I am making my own breakfast sandwich with whole grain english muffins, an egg, and cheese (about 300 calories). I have also gone back to my lunch soups (about 300 calories). I look forward to making my own soups soon! I am even packing healthy snacks. The part where I have been struggling is dinner. I have been super busy, so I have not been cooking. I think it will help if I plan ahead for my dinners. I also should start using my crockpot more. If I know ahead of time what I will be cooking especially if the food will be ready when I get home, I think I am less likely to order out.
I also need to get back to drinking plenty of water. I have been sipping my coffee all day long. I need to drink my coffee in the morning, then sip water all day. If I need something warm later, I should stick to tea.
I don't want to be consumed by thoughts of exercising and eating healthy, but I do want it to be a priority in my life. So, my goal this week is to get back into running and not order out. Once I get better about cooking, then I will go back to logging my food. I don't know how to cook anything too unhealthy, so I know cooking is always a healthier choice than ordering out. The key is one step at a time and not letting a bad day turn into a bad week.
No comments:
Post a Comment