Monday, September 7, 2015

Back to Work

I went back to work this past week. I wasn't sure how it would be keeping up with my running and healthy eating, but I surprised myself. I kept to my exercise schedule and had plenty of energy to get through the day. In fact, I felt that I had more energy than I typically would have. Don't get me wrong, I was exhausted by bed time, but it wasn't until I settled in at night to relax. It was also a lot easier to eat healthy when I had to pack everything I was going to eat in the day. It forced me to look at everything I was going to eat (except dinner) at one time. I was very impressed with myself. I made good choices and some days didn't need everything I packed.

I started my week by reaching a major running milestone on Monday. I ran for 20 minutes straight! I went into my week knowing in my gut that I would be able to do it. I could have told myself I needed another week of creeping up to the 20 minutes, but I set my mind to it and did it. I also started looking at the rest of the program and there are no more big jumps. The biggest jump is 3 minutes, then the 5k! I know I still need to work on improving my pace because it is not much faster than my walking pace, but I will get there.

The hardest days for me are the days where I have nothing going on. For example, today is Labor Day. My family had our Labor Day mini-cookout yesterday. I have nothing but laundry to do today. That means when I got up, despite being dressed for a run, I didn't feel the need to go immediately. I will run. I won't let myself get away with not running, but it throws off my schedule. I like getting up and enjoying my coffee. On days when I have somewhere to go (especially work) I love the get up and go feel of my morning run. It is not a bad thing to run at a different time of day, but I do like my schedule. The important part is to make sure I get my workout in. So, on that note, off I go to get in my run!

No comments:

Post a Comment