Saturday, March 5, 2016

Stressed

This has been a tough week. It all started last Thursday when I left work at 5:00 to find one of my tires was completely flat. Now this doesn't sound like a big deal, but when you've had a rough day at work and just want to get home, it sucks! Also, I have been stressed at work. I don't feel like I am getting through to my students on a regular basis. I am giving a quiz next week because I honestly don't know what my students know. Then, this Thursday, my dad noticed my car inspection sticker had expired (it was due in January and that was my month of being sick), so my dad and I made a plan to get it done on Friday. The problem with this plan was that on Friday morning, my garage door came down early and broke my 3rd break light. Well, that means my car won't pass inspection. So, I called the dealership, and it's not a part that they usually have in stock. So, I had to prepay for it, but it won't be in until Monday. Ok, now I just have to get through the weekend, except the service department can't get me in until Tuesday. Since my dad is so amazing, he is bringing it up to the dealership for me and getting my inspection done. I don't know where I would be without him. I also finally did my taxes which stresses me out because I did get audited once, and I had to pay.

What I learned through all this is that I need to start running again because I did not handle this stress very well. I have been trying to walk at least 3 times a week, but despite the exercise benefits, it doesn't relieve as much stress. Instead of running or exercising my stress away, I ate and slept. This is exactly what got me to the point I am at now. I was really good for breakfast, morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack. It was once I got back home for dinner.  I would eat more than one serving or choose something that wasn't as healthy. I also don't typically eat an evening snack, but for the past week, I have been although I did eat less at night on the days that I walked in the morning. I think this was because I was more aware of completely off-setting my morning work.

So, I am putting this out there for all of you. I am re-committing myself to my weightless effort. I have not fallen completely off track (because I have been staying within my calories most days), but I have not been as focused on working out. I also have been eating back any calories I earned from working out. So, my next weightless milestone is not changing (even though I have gained a couple of pounds and it is a little farther away), but my next area of focus is to improve my workouts. In fact, I should go out for a run right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment