This week was April vacation. I went into the week knowing it would be tough because I would have lots of time to eat what I shouldn't, and I made sure not to have any junk in the house. I also made my meal plan for the week. After making the meal plan, I never went grocery shopping, and I never did my meal prep. Big mistake! I didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed to and I didn't sit around doing nothing all week (as my previous vacation weeks have been). In fact, I did the opposite; I did lots of yard work, but I didn't eat all my containers on any given day. I realized that I need to have my food prepped, and I need set times to eat. For example, during the work day, I eat breakfast after my workout, have a banana when I get to work, have a snack on my prep, have lunch, have a snack after school, and have dinner. Those are all set times to eat. During vacation, I was busy and didn't stop to have snacks every couple of hours. I'm glad I figured this out though because with summer not too far away, I will have to remember to schedule my snacks each day. I also need to work on snacks that do not need to be refrigerated. I tried packing my snacks for golf and a trip to IKEA, but I needed a small insulated bag with ice packs for each trip. So, I need to find some snacks that fit what I need in containers and don't need to be refrigerated that will be convenient for day trips. Any suggestions???
On the other hand, I did really well with my workouts. I did all my workouts this week even though I was planning to do yard work almost every day and golf once. I'm actually really proud of myself for that because the old me would have just seen the yard work as exercise and skipped an intentional workout. In fact, I really like the 21 day fix workouts (except for pilates and maybe yoga). I also did yard work on 6 of my days off. In the past, I would do a couple hours and that would be it for the entire vacation. I also went golfing and bowled a few times. Overall it was a very productive week.Tomorrow starts week 3 of my first full round of 21 day fix. I have a great meal plan set and went grocery shopping last night. Meal prepping will start as soon as this post is complete! I am even looking forward to my workouts. On Sunday, I will be completing a checkin. No matter what the scale and tape measure say, I am proud of myself. I have worked hard and have come a long way. I might need to remind myself of this if my results are less than expected, but for now, I am going to think positive. I am happy and feeling healthier every day. That is the most important piece! I am really seeing this as a lifestyle improvement, not a diet.

No comments:
Post a Comment