Sunday, June 30, 2013

Impressed with Myself


I am pretty impressed with myself today and it's only 12:30! I have back problems. I know they are in part due to being overweight and in part due to carrying a tenor saxophone around my neck with bad posture for years in middle school and high school. I do see a chiropractor, and the pain has greatly subsided. The weekend before that TOM is usually the only time it bothers me now.

Anyways, last night, I had a tough time sleeping because it is really acting up. The advil and heating pad didn't seem to do much (those usually relax my muscles enough to allow me to sleep). Usually, this would be cause for me to not go to the gym. I decided today that I was not going to let it stop me because it is just one in a list of excuses I can use to justify not going to the gym. I am done with making up excuses. 

Surprisingly, my back didn't bother me during my workout and even now, it is no worse than before. I'm hoping this is the start to a no excuses approach to working out! I just have to keep this positive attitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment