I have had quite a few NSVs (non-scale victories) this week. I had bought the Hip Hop Abs DVDs as a switch up for running and walking. With this purchase, I could sign up for a BeachBody Coach. At first, I thought it was ridiculous. I thought I didn't need someone who was going to tell me what to do and make me feel bad if I messed up. Then, after talking to a friend who has a BeachBody Coach, I realized that this person could be the support I really needed. So, I signed up. At first, I was just assigned a random person, but I didn't feel like that was the connection I needed. After talking to my friend, I decided to switch coaches. That is how I met Amanda. She has been amazing. She asked me where my trouble spots were and shared with me some of her struggles and successes. With her support, I had the best week ever for workouts and eating.
I started Hip Hop Abs on Sunday. It is set up as a 4 week program with rest days every 7 days. This week, I did the workouts every morning (at 5:15am!). I usually give up by Wednesday or Thursday, but I didn't want to have to tell Amanda I didn't work out. It's so strange because I barely know her! I also walked or ran every evening. Today is my rest day. It feels so strange not to workout. I almost feel guilty, but I know my body needs rest.I also got back on track with my eating. I had been pretty good, but when I treated myself I went overboard. This week, I decided that a treat (I don't like calling it a cheat because that makes it feel wrong) doesn't need to be anything big. I also learned that I wasn't eating enough whole grains. Due to this, my body may have believed I was starving, so it was not burning fat. I was under my calorie goal by 500+ calories every day. I feel like I am eating a lot more, but I feel full and I am staying within but close to my calorie goal.
Now, I didn't come upon all this on my own. I asked my coach a lot of questions. I mean, a lot of questions. I hope I am not driving her crazy with them. She also has been great about celebrating my small victories. She has reassured me that I am doing the right things on a regular basis, especially now that I am eating enough. The biggest piece of advice I think I have gotten from her is to hide my scale. I did cheat on weighing myself this morning, but it's ok. I set a new goal to wait until Saturday to weigh myself again, and I want to achieve that goal and make my coach proud. It is so strange to want to make someone I barely know proud, but if that is what works, then that is fantastic! It may sound cliche, but this time feels different.
I can't wait to see what next week has in store! I will start week 2 of Hip Hop Abs tomorrow, and I am going to do more research on the 21 day fix system. The system is designed to help you manage portions while also ensuring that you eat a balanced diet. It also focuses on eating cleanly. This may help me get away from counting calories and learn to eat healthy, appropriate portions on my own. I don't want to have to log everything I eat for my entire life. I want this to be a lifestyle change, not a sentence to constantly be attached to a calorie counting system.This week, I had more energy and felt great! I also was sleeping better than ever. That made getting up at 5:00 much easier. I am looking forward to continuing all of that. Week 2 here I come!
That is all awesome news! My friend has done the 21 day fix and loves it and she loves the workouts. Love hearing about your journey! Keep up the great work girl!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am really excited about it. I really feel like I am doing it for me this time.
DeleteAwesome! You should ask Emily OBrien about the 21 day fix. She should be just about finishing up her 21 days!
ReplyDeleteEmily said it sucked, but I have heard great things and I eat pretty cleanly already. I can't wait for it to get here!
Delete